Sunday, February 19, 2012

AAWA Gala 60th Anniversary Party

I have been a member of Ann Arbor Women Artists (and a Few Good Men) for quite a few years now. I have served as a workshop Chairman, Women's Center chairman, Vice President, President and currently Plein Air Chairman. I have also belonged to one of the critique groups for many years.
I have always found AAWA to be a great source of encouragement and inspiration. There are so many phenomenally talented artists in this group and I am privileged to count many of them as friends. On February 11 we held a Gala Masked Venetian Ball to celebrate 60 years of creating art and to honor all those who helped make this possible.
AAWA started with four women as a study group and is now has 330 plus members. I am pictured here with my husband, David (Phantom)and two of my daughters. Holly top left and Tammy bottom right. It was quite an event and a good time was had by all.

No comments: